Do you love bananas? Do you love bread? Banana bread was very popular among our family, especially our twin sisters, for years. There was just one problem.....it contains gluten. So, we found a recipe from The Pillsbury Complete Cookbook and have modified it (as well as making it GF):
3/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of softened margarine or butter
1 cup (about 2 medium) mashed ripe bananas
1/3 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 cups of "Cup 4 Cup Multipurpose Flour Gluten Free"
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease the bottom of a 9 x 5 or 8 x 4 loaf pan.
3. Beat sugar and margarine into a large bowl until it is light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs and beat again.
5. After adding bananas, milk, and vanilla, blend the mixture.
6. In a separate, smaller bowl, mix the baking soda, salt, and flour.
7. Add the dry mixture to the banana mixture and stir.
8. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
9. Bake for 50-60 minutes (or until a toothpick that is inserted comes clean).
10. Let it cool for 5 minutes before removing it from the pan, then cool it for another hour.