A Sweet, but Healthy Zucchini Treat
Who would ever think to combine zucchini with chocolate chips? This recipe weaves these two flavors together in an awesome Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread. We experimented with this easy recipe earlier today and fell in love with it! This tasty treat can be for any meal time, so choose wisely! The following recipe was adapted from Jules Paulus:
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 cups gluten free all-purpose flour (we like to use Cup 4 Cup Gluten Free Flour)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy.
4. Then add sugar and continue beating until well blended.
5. Stir in oil, vanilla, zucchini, and chocolate chips.
6. Blend in the sifted ingredients.
7. Turn the batter into 2 greased 9x5 inches loaf pans.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until bread tests done.
9. Remove loaves from pans, and chill before cutting.