Who said going gluten free means no veggies? Tonight,our mom made very appetizing breaded zucchini sticks that are 100% GF! These are
yummy, kid-friendly twists on a normally plain vegetable. Modified from Skinny Taste Cookbook (which often gives you GF substitutes), this recipe is amazing!
Cooking spray or oil mister
4 medium sized zucchinis (ends trimmed)
3 large egg whites
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup Ian's Panko Gluten Free Bread crumbs
1/2 cup Schar Gluten Free Bread crumbs
2 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray 2 large baking sheets with oil.
2. Cut each zucchini into 16 sticks about 4 inches long and 1/2 inches thick (a total of 64 sticks). Then dab with paper towels to release moisture.
3. In a small bowl season the egg whites with the salt and black pepper to taste and then beat well.
4. In a medium shallow bowl combine the bread crumbs, cheese and garlic powder.
5. Dip the zucchini sticks into the egg whites then into the bread crumbs, turning to coat well. Then place zucchini sticks in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets and spray the tops with oil.
6. Bake until golden brown and tender in the center (for about 23-25 minutes).
7. Enjoy with a condiment of your choice!