Craving those unhealthy, gluten chicken tenders? Homemade GF chicken tenders are just the thing. Last night, our mom made these delicious tenders. They go with so many things: Sara had them with Hidden Valley Light Ranch and rice; Emma had them with Heinz Tomato Ketchup. Here's the recipe if you would like to try them:
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup gluten free flour (we like to use Cup 4 Cup Multipurpose Flour Gluten Free)
1/2 cup Ian's Gluten Free Original Panko Breadcrumbs
1/2 cup Schar Gluten Free Breadcrumbs
vegetable oil or olive oil for spritzing
salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2.Cut chicken breasts into long tenders (or small chunks if you prefer nuggets).
3. Pour flour into shallow bowl or plate. Lightly whisk egg and milk in a different shallow bowl. In third shallow bowl, mix both breadcrumbs together.
4.Dip each tender or nugget in flour, then in egg mixture, then roll in breadcrumbs coating both sides.
5. Place breaded tenders on silicone mat or cookie sheet (if you don't have silicone mat use tinfoil lightly sprayed in oil).
6. Lightly sprinkle with salt. Then, lightly spray with oil Misto (if you don't have a Misto, brush a little bit of oil on top of each tender).
8. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, carefully turn tenders over and bake additional ten minutes or until tender are desired crispiness (nuggets will take less time overall to cook).
Makes: about 6 tenders or 12 nuggets