Cookies, Cookies, Get Your Cookies!
A few weeks ago, we tried a new recipe.....cookies! Sara took a favorite gluten recipe, and altered it to make it GF so the whole family
could enjoy! She made variations on the basic recipe, creating some with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips, some with M&Ms, and some with plain old chocolate chips. The treats turned out amazing, with the help of Cup 4 Cup Multipurpose Flour Gluten Free! Here is the recipe if anyone wants to bake amazing cookies for their family:
¼ cup softened butter (½ stick)
¼ cup shortening – such as Crisco (¼ stick)
½ cup sugar
¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1½ cups of Cup 4 Cup Multipurpose Flour Gluten Free
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Measure butter, shortening, sugars, egg and vanilla into large mixing bowl.
3. Blend at low speed for about two minutes or stir with wooden spoon until smooth and creamy.
4. In a medium bowl, stir together the GF flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips.
5. Add flour mixture to mixing bowl.
6. Blend at low speed or stir until smooth.
7. Form spheres about the size of a teaspoon and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake about 10 minutes or until edges start to get golden brown.
9. Let cookies sit on cookie sheet for one minute; then remove from cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack or paper plates.
Makes: 2 doze